Smoked Bratwurst Recipe
There are hundreds of varieties of bratwurst that exists and thousands of ways to eat them. Not only can you grill bratwurst, but you can boil them, steam them, smoke them, grill them and more.
- 2-3 lbs of bratwurst (at least 10 links or so)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (or any oil of your preference)
- Hot dog buns/Kaiser or Semmel rolls/any bread of your choosing (optional)
- Onions (peeled/diced/or thinly sliced)
- Condiments (honey mustard, ketchup, horseradish or any other condiment that you prefer)
Set up your smoker to the manufacturer’s specifications.
You’re going to want to preheat your smoker to 275 to 300 degrees as the heat will help crisp up the sausage casings.
Next, you’re going to want to add whatever wood you were planning on using at this point.
Lightly brush the sausage casings on all sides with the olive oil or any oil of your preference.
Arrange them on the rack of the smoker.
Smoke the brats at your desired temperature until the casings are crispy and bronze and the meat is cooked through.
This will take at least 30 to 45 minutes or insert the meat thermometer until it shows the meat has reached an internal temp of 160 degrees.
Transfer the smoked brats to a bun, dish, or whatever other vessels you plan to eat them in or on.
Serve the brats with your choice of toppings.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 297kcal